COR Clearing is a leading, full-service correspondent clearing firm for more than 60 independent broker-dealers and 90,000 customers, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
COR Clearing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axos Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AX), will be rebranded Axos Clearing.
Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal billing system and provide billing support.
- Interpret clearing contracts and assist in maintaining database to meet terms of the contract
- Prepare monthly invoices
- Distribute supporting reports to correspondent at each billing cycle
- Coordinate payment with accounts payable or cash management area to ensure timely payment to correspondent
- Answer questions from the correspondents and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide recommendations to improve process efficiencies
- Assist in providing new correspondent training/education for billing reports
Performance Measurement – Setup is built and billing is designed to the correspondent’s satisfaction. Discrepancies are addressed timely and brought to the attention of the department manager. Questions are answered in a timely and accurate manner. Follow up with the correspondent is critical.
- Participate in the preparation of the firm’s financial statements and management reports. Prepare month end journal entries, analyze activity and prepare reconciliations for various income and balance sheet accounts to verify the accuracy of financial information.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare assigned monthly recurring journal entries as well as miscellaneous entries as needed
- Maintain Fixed Asset system
Performance Measurement – Month end journals are accurate and have proper supporting documentation in closing file. Reconciliation reports are complete with supporting documentation and discrepancies are resolved before next monthly cycle commences. Schedules are monitored and align with company and department policies.
- Annual filings for state requirements
- Complete forms for financial information
- Coordinate payment to the various states
- Maintain state file records for firm
Performance Measurement – Filings are completed timely and accurately to avoid late fees or penalties to the firm. All correspondence is maintained in the state file for comprehensive firm records.
- Maintaining and updating written procedural documentation for all critical process in areas of responsibility.
Performance Measurement – procedures are documented and updated as processes change
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- Experience in securities industry accounting and reporting functions, including familiarity with FINRA and SEC rules and regulations preferred but not required
- Strong analytical, decision-making, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and knowledge of computer systems and application software
- Familiarity with department policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Attention to detail
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Job Functions & Work Environment: