COR Clearing is a leading, full-service correspondent clearing firm for more than 60 independent broker-dealers and 90,000 customers, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
COR Clearing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axos Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AX), will be rebranded Axos Clearing.
Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
- Management Framework – support core business enablement, IT governance, risk and performance management objectives
- Build scalable IT capabilities/team within the established IT and Enterprise guidelines and policies
- Own the delivery of technology services
- Deliver projects and SLAs on-schedule and on-budget.
- Contribute at the highest level as part of the senior management team in the definition of the overall Technology strategy for Axos Clearing.
- Establish a clear strategy for Axos Clearing’s technical architecture, software engineering, technology infrastructure, the associated operational model, resourcing model and vendor selection.
- Ensure the technology organization partners closely with the relevant business areas across Axos Clearing to deliver a clear roadmap and capacity plans for the organization’s production environments, including bandwidth, capacity, security and physical IT facilities.
- Stay abreast of industry advances and develop relevant strategic plans and proposals to allowAxos Clearing to exploit technology advances in order to drive revenue, reduce cost or reduce risk.
- Identify and introduce industry best practice in terms of Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Operations, Security and Helpdesk functions.
- Regularly benchmark current services against internal & external delivery models to provide optimal pricing and ability to directly link cost to demand where appropriate.
Ensure operational excellence:
- Ensure that all technical environments, applications and products meet or exceed agreed operational objectives.
- Ensure that all reasonable security measures are in place and maintained to ensure the appropriate protection of Axos Clearing’s production environment and all electronic information assets.
- Ensure that all solutions are proactively monitored and that support services can be provided in line with agreed operational objectives.
- Ensure that the group has sufficient and suitable skilled resource to provide high quality support for the production systems.
- Ensure that the staff assigned to support activities are equipped with the appropriate tools, information and training to discharge their duties to agreed service levels and that they understand the significance and impact on business function of the solutions within their support domain.
- Work with other functions within the group to ensure that critical system fixes can be developed and released quickly, efficiently and safely.
- Ensure incidents are appropriately managed, root causes are identified and remediation activities are completed efficiently.
- Proactively monitor third parties to ensure services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
Ensure efficient and effective project delivery:
- Take ownership of all projects within the Technology team and ensure that they deliver agreed benefits and meet time, budget and quality standards agreed.
- Work with the PMO to ensure project roadmap is maintained and agree delivery model for Project Management resource such that PM’s can be supplied in a controlled and timely fashion to ensure divisional projects can be delivered.
- Ensure governance and reporting processes defined by IT Business Controls/PMO are followed consistently for technology projects, ensuring projects meet the quality standards required for our production environment, with clear operational documentation and can be transitioned smoothly from development to pre-production and then on to production.
- Where appropriate, to act as the Project Sponsor for Technology based projects.
- Ultimate accountability for all changes to the production environment in terms of the Infrastructure team’s ability to operate them, compatibility with the existing environment and security standards.
Staff leadership and development:
- Provide leadership and drive to ensure that the Technology Group consistently meets its objectives on time, to budget, to quality and security standards agreed.
- Manage resources to ensure that the group has sufficient staff, with the right skills and experience to meet the service delivery standards agreed with the business.
- Oversee the recruitment and development of all Technology staff in line with departmental and corporate guidelines.
- Establish and maintain an excellent and collegiate style working relationship with all other functions within Axos Clearing teams and ensure that this style is propagated throughout the team.
Fiscal and Process management:
- Work with executive leadership to agree usage based cost attributions and manage through the year. Ensure all costs are completely transparent, both in terms of how they are built up and how they are attributed.
- Ensure appropriate process, governance and controls are in place to ensure full protection of the production environment, in line with internal and external audit requirements and recognized industry best practice.
- Play an active part in the continuous improvement of quality processes and standards to ensure that Axos Clearing provides efficient, high quality and cost effective solution development that supports an iterative and agile development methodology and a dynamic business.
- Actively promote quality throughout their division and ensure the quality of all deliverables.
The candidate must possess a solid balance of leadership and ability to execute. Candidate will be the IT evangelist and provide hands-on management and delivery of the firm’s aggressive technology portfolio pipeline. A candidate for this role must have 7+ years’ experience with leading technology organizations, preferably in the clearing/securities industry. In addition, the candidate must have experience with execution and delivery of BAU and change related projects. As a CTO, you will be responsible for a growing team of software and infrastructure engineers working on a business critical projects. You will be responsible for designing and leading IT function, working closely with functional heads to allocate resources and finances etc. You will also be responsible for architecture, portfolio Management, delivery, planning, finances, and reporting.
Key Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or information systems (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on Technology leadership experience
- Defines and maintains methods, tools and techniques for Technology organizationto deliver projects on time and within budget
- Defines IT processes for IT project delivery in collaboration with the IT leadership team
- Enforces IT processes and documentation standards are applied consistently and effectively across all projects and all roadmaps
- Define reporting at the project, roadmap and overall program level
- Ensures regular communication sessions with IT management and Executive Sponsors
- Identify, monitor and manage risks, issues, resourcing, costs and dependencies at the overall program level
- Responsible for escalating issues and risks to IT management or Executive Sponsors as appropriate
- Support knowledge sharing and best practice among the Technology organization
- Providing coaching and identifying training programs for the Technology orgniazation
- Reviews and incorporates lessons learned at the project and roadmap level into IT best practices
- Lead IT meetings
- Responsible for IT staff development and assessments / performance appraisals
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Job Functions & Work Environment:
Equal Employment Opportunity: