1. Manage, direct and control personnel management activities for direct reports to include:
2. Accounting Controls – Ensure accounting activities are in compliance with policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls. Continual evaluation of internal controls and policies and procedures in necessary.
3. General ledger and chart of accounts – Responsible for the administration of the general ledger system.
4. Accounting close and processes – Coordinate monthly due dates with management and administer the monthly accounting close and related processes in line with requirements.
5. Accounts payable – Supervision of the accounts payable controls and process to ensure that available payment discounts are taken and that accurate and timely payments are made.
6. Correspondent Billing – Guide, supervise and support the accounting staff with the correspondent billing system and process. Lead the team in identifying and implementing enhancements and supporting operational and project related efforts in overall system improvements.
7. Tax Reconciliation – Coordinate with Tax to accomplish the reconciliation of COR’s tax withholding’s and remittances with the general ledger. Guide, supervise and support accounting staff in the performance of the reconciliations.
8. 1099 preparation – Direct the annual preparation of Form 1099 in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
9. Project Accounting – Work with project management organization to provide accounting related data and to implement changes to accounting systems and processes as needed in support of these activities.
10. Financial Analyst/Regulatory Analyst/Treasury – Work with Financial Analyst, Regulatory Analyst and the Treasury Department as needed to provide accounting related data and to implement changes to accounting systems and processes as needed in support of these activities.
11. Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
12. Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
13. GAAP – Provide support in assessing the impact to the Company of changes in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
14. Responds to inquiries from managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
15. Audits and Exams – Provide support and information as needed for both external and internal audits.
16. Tax Reporting – Assist on preparation Sales & Use Tax, property tax, business filings and annual reports in all applicable states.
17. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
18. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
19. Other tasks as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
• Minimum of 5 years experience in financial accounting and reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. Experience in securities industry a plus
• Accounting/GAAP knowledge. Public accounting experience is preferred.
• FINRA Series 27 license preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Willingness to work extra time, when necessary
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.